Website Manager

News Detail

20

May, 2020

President's Newsletter


To: HTLL Players, Parents, Board Members, Team Managers, Coaches, and Volunteers
From: Jay Field, President & Brad Morris, Player Agent
RE: HTLL 2020 Baseball Season Resumption - UPDATE

Hope everyone is staying safe and sane as another week passes. Jay and I along with other members of the HTLL Board are still hopeful that the baseball season will resume in the near future. Jay and I would like to take this time to say ‘Thank You’ to all the Team Managers and Commissioners for reaching out to all the HTLL players and parents to garner feedback in regards to playing baseball when restrictions are lifted and the league is given the green light to resume operations. We would also like to thank the parents for your timely responses. From looking at the responses, an overwhelming majority wants to play baseball.

I know many of you have questions and concerns regarding safety protocols that will be implemented when the season resumes. The Board of Directors are and have been discussing possible safety concerns and protocols. However, at this time, we do not have any definite answers or proposals to communicate to you. We anticipate the state and local governments to provide some guidance. The League will be following and implementing any and all guidelines and safety protocols set forth by state and local authorities with the possibility of establishing additional protocols as deemed necessary. If protocols dictate masks to be worn by all players, coaches, and spectators, then the League will require masks to be worn by everyone at the Karakung Baseball Complex and any other baseball field utilized by HTLL. Unfortunately, we are in a holding pattern at the moment. We will update you as new information is released to the public and decisions are made by the Board of Directors. Everyone’s health and safety is our #1 priority.

Soliciting feedback to gauge the level of interest to play was the first step in the League’s resumption of the season. The scenarios outlined in the previous communication are referenced below:

  1. Scenario A: if restrictions are lifted by June 5

    • ●  Opening Day (1st Game): Saturday, June 20

    • ●  Regular Season Play: June 20 - August 8

    • ●  Playoff Week: August 10 - 14

    • ●  Championship Saturday: August 15

  2. Scenario B: if restrictions are lifted by June 19

    • ●  Opening Day (1st Game): Saturday, July 4th

    • ●  Regular Season Play: July 4 - August 15

    • ●  Playoff Week: August 17 - August 21

    • ●  Championship Saturday: August 22

  3. Scenario C: if restrictions are NOT lifted by June 26

● Cancellation of Season

As you can see we still have some time to be able to resume play before the total cancellation of the season. If you have not provided feedback to your Team Manager, please do so as soon as possible in order for us to properly assess each division and team. The next step is to await word from the Governor and local authorities as to when restrictions will be lifted and what safety protocols need to be implemented. The Board of Directors are also reviewing the financial impact to the League due to the postponement of the season. The handling of any paid registration fees will be addressed at a later time.

Hope this information provides some clarification and addresses some of your questions and concerns. We look forward to resuming the baseball season in the near future.

Best Regards, Jay & Brad


Jay A Field
[email protected]

Copyright © 2020 Haverford Township Little League  |  Privacy Policy |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In